Abstract Submission Deadlines:
Abstract Submission Deadline: CLOSED
Oral Presentation Notification: Week of May 12, 2014
All participants registered by April 30, 2014 are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. From the submitted abstracts, 24 twenty-minute oral presentations will be selected (see below). Others will be assigned a poster presentation spot. Posters will be on display for viewing the entire three days of the symposium. A limited number of travel grants are available.
- You need to register before submitting your abstract. Your registration number is needed for abstract submission.
- Please choose the best session for your abstract (see below).
- Please indicate if your abstract is to be considered for an oral presentation.
- The body of your abstract cannot exceed 2000 characters (without spaces).
- Do not include any graphic material in the body of your abstract.
- After carefully proofing the preview page, press the “submit” button. Please print the confirmation page for your records; an additional acknowledgement will be sent to you by email.
- Determination of speakers from submitted abstracts will be conveyed by email.
- Phloem and Xylem Physiology and Vascular Sap-Feeding Hemipterans
- Interactions Between Plants and Non-Vascular-Feeding Hemipterans
- Transmission of Plant Pathogens by Hemipteran Vectors
- Molecular Biology of Hemipteran-Plant Interactions
- Interactions Among Hemipterans, Their Symbionts and Host Plants
Plenary speaker presentations will be 30 minutes long with an additional 5 minutes for questions. From the submitted abstracts, 24 oral presentations will be selected. Presentations will be 15 minutes long with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
Posters should be put up during the morning of the first day of the Symposium (June 23, 2014) in HUB 302B. Posters will be displayed for the entire conference and can be viewed over the coffee hours, lunch break and during the poster session from 5- 7 pm each day. Authors with odd numbers are requested to be present at their poster on Monday evening’s poster session (June 23, 2014). Authors with even numbers are requested to be present at their poster on Tuesday evening’s poster session (June 24, 2014). Posters should be taken down by 5 pm Wednesday afternoon (June 25, 2014).
Poster boards are 40″ x 60 1/2″ and will accommodate 36″ wide x 48″ high (portrait orientation) standard posters. Pins for securing posters will be provided.
To Submit Abstract:
Abstract submission is now closed for oral and poster presentations.